James Dew-Griffin is a Chartered Tax Advisor with over 3 years’ experience in dealing with a variety of tax matters.
James prepares client tax returns and provides advice on a variety of tax issues. He has a particular interest in private client matters including trusts, estates, property, and inheritance tax planning.
Recent projects James has been involved with include:
- SDLT advice on transfers of residential and non-residential property and the availability of sub sale and multiple dwellings relief.
- Availability of top slice relief for chargeable gains arising from UK and non-UK life insurance policies and capital redemption policies.
- Calculation of annual and lifetime allowance charges for clients’ defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes.
- Inheritance tax advice regarding 10-year and exit charges for relevant property trusts.
- Advice regarding overseas employee benefit trusts and disguised remuneration.
- Creation and implementation of a company demerger and buy-out strategy with an advance clearance application to HM Revenue & Customs.